Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our new house



This was how it all began.... one month ago all we had was a 1/2 acre lot. We spent the morning watching them clear away all of the sagebrush and then they started digging our basement. It was such an exciting day for us. We've been waiting for this to happen for a long, long time. Because of the economy, I'm a little nervous about things, but we decided we had to take the leap sometime. Throwing away money for rent each month is getting old.
Got dirt? The dirt pile was HUGE! The kids had so much fun playing in it. Does anyone need any fill dirt? We've got plenty to give away!




This is Logan and Heather standing in our basement. The weather has cooperated so far and things are moving quickly.


After staring endlessly at blueprints, this became one of our favorite days. It was so fun to walk through our "house" and see where everything will be. At this point, the kids started getting more excited because they could actually see what their rooms will be like.

This is the kitchen and pantry

It actually looks like a house now!!!
Russ and I are so glad that this dream is finally coming true for us. The house is not a mansion, but we know it will be comfortable and it will be home. The house could have been done in December, but I wasn't very excited about moving during Christmas. We're hoping to move in during the first week of January. Superbowl Party at our house!!!

8 comments:

Trecia said...

How exciting to see it all coming together! I am excited for you guys too! Can't wait for the party

Kara said...

I'm glad that I can finally catch a glimpse of Family Life in Cedar! Sometimes it is hard living so far away and missing out on everyone and everything!

Susan said...

Great job on the blogspot. i am proud of you. Actually it looks better than Tricia's and mine. And you said you don't have talent.
Make us one of your contacts. our blog spot is chesniktuckettfamily.blogspot.com.
We will put you on ours. Then Tricia can have better access to you, too. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Shelly said...

Yay, I'm so glad you have a blog now. Ours is www.bsiclement.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. I loved looking at your pics. Your kids are getting so big!

Susy said...

WAHOOO!! I was so excited to see your blog up and running. Good job. It's such a great way to keep in touch.

I'm am very excited for you to have your house coming along so nicely. You deserve it. I can' wait to see where it is.

Little Logan is darling. Time just flies...he is growing so fast. I hope juggling work and home is going smoothly for you.

Love ya,
Sus

audreyspencer said...

Yay! Now hopefully I will keep in touch better. Your house is beautiful! I can't believe that you'll be in it so soon. Best time as any to build a house I guess.

Lindsay said...

I just found your blog through Susy's...Yea! Figuring we never see each other (every eight months at Wal-Mart doesn't count), this will be a great way to stay in touch.

Your house looks great! I'm sure you are beside yourself with excitement. So happy for you!

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

I found your blog through Susy's too! Congrats on the house, that is awesome:) I'm excited to see you are blogging so I can keep up with your life. Mine is romperoom.blogspot.com!
Steph