Friday, November 14, 2008

A Perfect Day

A few weeks ago it was raining and really cold in Cedar so we decided to head to Zion in search of warmer weather and do some hiking and sightseeing. It was so beautiful there. It was a little chilly once we got there and we were glad we had brought sweatshirts, but the changing leaves scattered among the beautiful rocks made us forget all about the weather. One of my favorite traditions with my kids has always been taking pictures of them in the fall leaves. We went in search of the "perfect spot" sevaral times this fall, but I think my favorite pictures were the ones we took in Zion. Kelsey loves the camera and wanted a picture taken on nearly every rock or under every tree along the trail. I finally got to the point where I pretended to take her picture. Dyllan usually rolled his eyes and gave me "the look". I'm already seeing signs of what he will be like when he becomes a teenager! AAHHHHH! There were sooo many photographers on the trails trying to get the perfect shot. We decided that one of the local colleges must have been offering Senior Citizen Photography 1010. We got pretty tired of going around all of the camera tripods that they had set up EVERYWHERE along the trail! I couldn't believe the number of glares we got from them--they acted like WE were the ones in the way! However, we didn't let them spoil our day and we ended up having a great time. It was our last weekend together before my maternity leave ended and I went back to work. We couldn't have asked for a better way to wrap up my "vacation" time (LOL--I'm sure most of you know that my 10 weeks of maternity leave ended up being anything BUT a vacation!!!).

No comments: